Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ready, set, go.....

It takes an amazing amount of stuff to go camping. It is a constant struggle between what is essential and what is frivolous. The limits are space, weight, and convenience. Should I take the heavy hardbound book my sister gave me to read but I haven't got around to for six months or a paperback with incredibly small print but fits into my purse.
How many sleeveless shirts...will I ever do laundry? How long can a cabbage last without refrigeration? At what temperature does my makeup melt or Pam explode. Things to obsess about.
Anyway, we finally shut the door of the house at 2:00,which was good considering we were going to leave at high noon. The car is running a little sluggish due to the excess weight but we are at least making miles. Destination Iowa City.

1 comment:

  1. Hello = I was going to post a comment but somehow I posted my comment to you on my blog. I am not a Techie. Ha-ha. Anyway - keep your sense of humor.

    Mar

    ReplyDelete