Sunset at Seawall
Frank and I had a big day today. We went over to Cadillac Mountain and did the "loop". This includes many of the main sites of Acadia. There is a beautiful sand beach that rivals any other I have seen. Rocks, bolder, the tide coming in and going out. Pristine fresh water lakes with mountains reflecting. I definitely have the "I'm not in Kansas anymore" feeling. Today is why we traveled 1500 miles; to view the spectacular sites of the natural world.
Frank and I had tea and popovers on the lawn of Jordan Pond House. It was a restaurant that had been in existence since the early 1900s. People in the day would lounge on the lawn and have tea while overlooking a Jordan Pond and "Bubble Mountains".
This evening we took our chairs out to the Seawall and watched the tide come in and the sun go down.
Friday, July 29, 2011
July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds wonderful!
ReplyDelete