July 31, 2011
Last day of July. Where does the time go to. Today we packed up our tenting supplies and headed back to the interstate. It was hard to leave such a beautiful place but all things have a season, and time had extinguished this experience. So we punched in our destination and let the Garmin lead us onward. I wanted to go to Freeport, Maine, where LLBean is located. But before we got there we passes Fort Knox and the most amazing bridge. The bridge is a conservatory. You can take an elevator to the top of the tower over 400 feet and look around. If someone would of asked me where Fort Knox was located I would of had no idea. but there it was, built into the side of a hill. It was built in 1844 to keep the British under control.At first I thought it was a penitentiary but it is a fort. Not the one in Tennessee that handles money. Freeport, Maine was like a Mall of America but outside. Every name brand you can think of had a store in swanky brick buildings. Frank and I definitely felt outclassed. Remember, we have had yet to shower!!! But it is a beautiful place on the ocean. Fun to look at everything. We actually left town with a purchase of lightbulbs from the drugstore for LeAnns new apartment.
After some stop and go traffic we finally found our evening campground called The Minuteman Campground. It is located right by Concord, about an hour from downtown Boston. However we will not have time to site see tomorrow as we drive into Boston for the big move. Hope I sleep tonight. By the way, I took a shower tonight, we cooked some haddock we bought before we left Acadia, and now for some sleep. Airplanes, traffic, and trains. I might have to dig out the earplugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment