Friday, July 29, 2011

Docks and lobster traps on Cranberry Island

July 29, 2011

Luck. A trip such as this does make you believe in it. For instance, a woman is sitting on the outside seat of the ferry where one can see a panoramic view of the islands.(we were headed for the Cranberry Islands on a passenger ferry). She notices that I am trying to peer over everyone to view the landscape because I am seated inside the cabin due to the number of people on the ferry. She says "I am a regular and work on the islands. I take this trip daily. Would you like my seat?". That is luck. Luck is finding a parking spot right outside a National Park site that hundreds of other people are trying to find as well as you. Luck is returning to your campsite after a long day and finding that the firewood fairy left a pile of cut wood outside your campsite for anyone to pick up and use, service of the National Park. Luck is not having it rain, as you cook your evening supper of fettachinni and green beans, as the weather announcer said it would.
One more full day here and we will start back to Boston for the "Big Move " as in moving LeAnn to her new apartment. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for this evening and tomorrow. I am prepared with my umbrella and rain jacket under my cot. I haven't taken a shower besides a sponge bath for two days. Tomorrow might be laundry and shower day. However, if it is raining, the entire island will be doing their laundry as well. Luck will really be necessary. We plan to end the day with a big lobster dinner at a place being researched for price, charm, and ambiance. More to come as far as the winner in the lobster category.

1 comment:

  1. Luck. That was a good reminder. I call it Devine intervention. Sometimes I call it the parking angel. Whatever it is, we need it. The more you believe, the more often she comes!

    ReplyDelete