Saturday, July 12, 2008

Colored Wool Naturally


Here is a photo at Ironworld, MN that includes a hank (?) on wool that has been dyed with turmeric. That is a type of spice. I have a shank or hank of wool in the basement and a drop spindle (I will put that picture in next) and I plan to take them to Ely, MN at the end of the month for the sister, neices, friends of one sister with her children, (and Mom and Dad) R and R. It sounds like a knitting, sewing, drop spindling, quilting, writing, reading extravaganza sitting by a lake, enjoying the fresh air and digging my toes in the sand.

1 comment:

  1. HANK-a coil, skein, a loop or coil of something flexible 2. s specific length of coiled thread or yarn; skein; a hank of worsted yarn contains 560 yards; a hank of cotton contains 840 yards
    NAUTICAL- a ring of wood,metal,or rope on the edge of a mainstay, sliding on the controling stay.
    there you go.
    ralw

    ReplyDelete