Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bob Dylan and Multitechnological Distractions

Working on lesson plans for the Minnesota Humanities class, I wrote one on Bob Dylan and Hibbing, MN. The gist of the lesson was a student photo documentary on the sliding scale of alienation and a sense of belonging in a student's local community (school or otherwise).
What happens to me when I work on the web looking for resources is that I am distracted considerably. There must be some label for people like me, who cannot stay focused on the task at had and gets distracted with the multitude of information, video, photographs, web links, and interesting sidelines to the direct goal at hand. Instead of my mind working in a circular format, it goes out into the abyss, scattering to the wind. Some would call it "easily distracted". I guess I would call it "There is sure alot of stuff out there".

1 comment:

  1. Hey there - you totally changed your site- I didn't recognize it, thought I was in the wrong place - like the corn article. Nice touch. Yes, daughter is back on-line - she is happily out of the summer job and now in New York City. Moving her to college next week. Summer went fast, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete