Sunday, June 22, 2008
Ely Minnesota and the wilderness
Frank and I left Lake Mills for St Paul, Minnesota this morning at 6:15. Got to Macalester College by 8:30 to board the bus with about 40 teachers throughout the United States. We ended up in the back of the bus. Our first stop was Duluth at Canal Park (where they just had Granny's Marathon yesterday)to eat (Little Angie's Canteena) and pick up a few more people. Then we went to Two Harbors to view the lighthouse and the harbor where boats were being loaded with ore. It poured rain there and we were stranded in the gift shop for a little while.on Back on the bus we viewed Minnesota history on a DVD. We had the experience of see a mother moose and her calf run across the road and into the woods. We ended up at Ely where we are staying at the Grand Ely Lodge. After eating and introducing ourselves to each other, we had a bomfire down by the lake, listened to the loons and learned more about the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. I was going to put up some pictures but they will not upload so I will enter them tomorrow. Maybe I will have better luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment