
My bird feeder if full today. Rose Breasted Grosbeaks, Baltimore Orioles, Cardinals, and Goldfinch. Color everywhere. It is a windy days so the birds just ride the feeder in the wind.
I worked on graduation cards today. I have almost 20 graduations and I am trying to create their cards instead of buying them. I am going to photograph the front of the school where it says"I will study and prepare myself and someday my time will come" spoken by Abraham Lincoln.
The story goes:
One day, after Abraham Lincoln had lost several elections, he was observed in heavy reading. The person asked him how he felt being on the losing end so often.
“I will study and prepare myself,” Lincoln replied. “Perhaps someday my time will come. I want to be ready.”
On the front of the school is also a homely looking owl that stands for wisdom I am sure. It is rather straggly looking, formed out of cement I am pretty sure. Architectural ornament of the 1930s for school buildings. This would now be considered extravagant.
No comments:
Post a Comment