Tonight we are at a KOA campground. They are not our first choice. We prefer state parks or county parks. However, after an hour of stop and go traffic on Interstate 80 in the middle of the Appalachian Mountains in Pennsylvania we were burnt out and took the first thing we saw after 450 miles of driving. This morning we drove LeAnn to the bus terminal near the bottom of Cape Cod. For $20 she could get back to her apartment and save us to drive into Boston one more time. It saved us a lot of time. We drove through Massachusetts, Conneticut, New York, and now we are in the center of Pennsylvania. I took a rather poor photo out of the front of the car window to show you the scenery around here. It is actually a video, I thought it was a photo. There was a pickup truck on our tail so I couldn't compose as well as I wanted to. It reminds me a lot of Missouri sans the mountains. There is piped in music in the KOA bathroom. Early 60s. I can tell I am getting closer to the Midwest because the humidity has increased significantly. There are cicadas, a steady drone of some kind of insect, and a single bird chirping out it's bedtime song.
Tomorrow we plan for a marathon drive of a minimum of 500 miles. That will leave us a final 500 for Saturday. Otherwise we might break it up and get back on Sunday. I'd like to stay on the Mississippi River one night. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment