Sunday, June 13, 2010

Afternoon ramblings



Using a paper map from the hotel, I ventured out around the hotel, into the Plaza and the outlying circumference of the Hilton hotel which I am staying at.
The hotel itself originally was a hacienda built in the late sixteen hundreds and home to one of the original first families of Santa Fe. It is built in the Spanish Colonial style and has been very comfortable. This evening we had our first meeting with the
members of the our National Endowment for the Humanities workshop. Its official title is "Contested
Homelands: Knowledge, History, and Culture of Historic Santa Fe. There are about 40 participants
in this session. There will be two sessions. We are the first. I included two pictures here. One is the front entrance of the New Mexico History Museum.
That is where we will do the bulk of our work and where we had our reception this evening. The other is a photo of the typical Santa Fe style of
architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment