Saturday, September 27, 2008
South Dakota Book Festival
I returned from the South Dakota Book Festival a week ago. I took a day off of work of Friday. (It was Homecoming activities in the high school and I am sure they didn't miss me much) and traveled three hours to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to the Holiday Inn for the Annual Book Festival put on by the South Dakota Humanities. The festival alternates locations with Deadwood each year. I ended up getting two books. One is "Buffalo Bill's America...William Cody and the Wild West Show". by Louis S. Warren. Since I was lived in LeClaire, Iowa I have had an interest in William Cody who was born near there. The other book I got was by "Bombay times: a Novel" by Thrity Umrigar. I heard her speak about her books and India. In fact, I road down the elevator with her. Such interesting people. I also attended a workshop on geneology and on demand printing. I had a great time with friends, eating, and enjoying the sites of Grand Rapids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment